We have discovered that, as a side-effect of revisions that registered lobbyists are permitted to make to their reported compensation, and that they actually do make fairly often, some of the Lobbyist Data datasets have what amount to duplicate records.Read more
We are happy to announce that the City of Chicago has released a number of new datasets related to Tax Increment Financing (TIF) districts and other forms of financial incentives to catalyze economic development. We have also made some changes to existing datasets.
Seven new datasets show individual Financial Incentive Projects – two relating to TIFs and five relating to other types of incentives. They are:
- Financial Incentive Projects - Neighborhood Opportunity Fund (NOF) Large
- Financial Incentive Projects - Neighborhood Opportunity Fund (NOF) Small
- Financial Incentive Projects - Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE)
- Financial Incentive Projects - Property Tax Abatement
- Financial Incentive Projects - Small Business Improvement Fund (SBIF) Community & Economic Development
- Financial Incentive Projects - (TIF-Funded) Economic Development
- Financial Incentive Projects - TIF Works
An eighth new dataset shows Tax Increment Financing (TIF) Investment Committee Decisions.
All eight datasets will initially be updated quarterly and we hope to be able to increase the frequency as enhancements to the source data systems permit.
Changes to Existing Datasets
The already-existing Tax Increment Financing (TIF) Projects dataset has been changed in the following ways:
- It has been renamed to Tax Increment Financing (TIF) Funded RDA and IGA Projects in order to better represent the content. Existing links should continue to work for all purposes. Please let us know if you find this not to be the case.
In the summer of 2019, the City of Chicago conducted a pilot of E-Scooters. As a condition of participation, the e-scooter vendors were required to make trip data available to the City. The City used these data as an input to its formal evaluation of the pilot.Read more
Divvy performed a system upgrade in July. As part of this upgrade, its real-time station status feed switched from the previous format to a new format, based on the General Bikeshare Feed Specification (GBFS).Read more
Due to a Chicago Park District hardware upgrade project, the sensors that feed the Beach Weather Stations - Automated Sensors dataset have been offline since 9/30/2019. The project is anticipated to be completed before the end of 2019 and the dataset should start receiving new rows at that time.Read more
We have modified the City-Owned Land Inventory dataset to remove records with a status of “In Acquisition” from the dataset. These properties are not yet owned by the City of Chicago and were included prematurely.Read more
The Relocated Vehicles dataset is not updating. We are investigating the cause and a potential solution. In the meantime, we will do occasional manual updates but cannot maintain anything close to the normal 15-minute, automated update frequency.Read more
As discussed in previous posts, we apply specific rules to our Taxi and Transportation Network Provider (TNP) trip data before publication to the Data Portal in order to protect privacy. One of these rules is that for any combination of a 15-minute time period and a Census Tract that has fewer than three trips, we remove the census tract before publication and show only the community area.Read more