Due to data processing errors, some Transportation Network Provider trips in the first nine months of 2019 were not reported to the City of Chicago and therefore not initially included in the Transportation Network Providers - Trips dataset. The errors have now been corrected. We have received the trips and added them to the dataset. The net increases per month are:Read more
There were data reporting errors in the November 2019 records in the Transportation Network Providers - Trips dataset. At this time, we are unaware of this issue extending beyond the Fare column in the time period 11/1/2019-11/7/2019. However, to be cautious, we have obtained complete replacements of potentially affected records for the entire month of November and will be using them to replace that entire month in the dataset. Please note that the Trip ID values associated with specific trips may change.Read more
Due to issues related to COVID-19, we anticipate delays in collecting and processing the January-March 2020 source data that will be used to populate our Transportation Network Provider datasets. Our current estimate is that we will be able to update the datasets by mid-May. If that changes, we will post an update here.Read more
We recently discovered that the historical-only 311 Service Requests - Street Lights - One Out - Historical dataset’s
Location column was mistakenly configured as Text data type instead of the Location type that allows for mapping and other geographic functions.
We recently discovered that, due to a technical bug, the
Start Community Area Number and
End Community Area Number values in the recently released E-Scooter Trips - 2019 Pilot dataset were incorrect. We apologize for the error and have corrected it.
We have discovered that, as a side-effect of revisions that registered lobbyists are permitted to make to their reported compensation, and that they actually do make fairly often, some of the Lobbyist Data datasets have what amount to duplicate records.Read more
We are happy to announce that the City of Chicago has released a number of new datasets related to Tax Increment Financing (TIF) districts and other forms of financial incentives to catalyze economic development. We have also made some changes to existing datasets.
Seven new datasets show individual Financial Incentive Projects – two relating to TIFs and five relating to other types of incentives. They are:
- Financial Incentive Projects - Neighborhood Opportunity Fund (NOF) Large
- Financial Incentive Projects - Neighborhood Opportunity Fund (NOF) Small
- Financial Incentive Projects - Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE)
- Financial Incentive Projects - Property Tax Abatement
- Financial Incentive Projects - Small Business Improvement Fund (SBIF) Community & Economic Development
- Financial Incentive Projects - (TIF-Funded) Economic Development
- Financial Incentive Projects - TIF Works
An eighth new dataset shows Tax Increment Financing (TIF) Investment Committee Decisions.
All eight datasets will initially be updated quarterly and we hope to be able to increase the frequency as enhancements to the source data systems permit.
Changes to Existing Datasets
The already-existing Tax Increment Financing (TIF) Projects dataset has been changed in the following ways:
- It has been renamed to Tax Increment Financing (TIF) Funded RDA and IGA Projects in order to better represent the content. Existing links should continue to work for all purposes. Please let us know if you find this not to be the case.