We have made two changes to the Business Owners dataset:
- Records now go back to 2002 (previously 2006) for compatibility with the Business Licenses dataset.
- We changed the source for the Legal Name column so that it more accurately displays the legal name. Previously, it sometimes displayed a related name for the business.
Before these changes, the legal name issue created some unintended duplication of otherwise-identical records. Therefore, the fix reduces the number of records but that reduction happens to be approximately offset by adding four years of data so the end result is only a small change in record count.