We are making two changes to the City-Owned Land Inventory dataset.
- We have added the column
Managing Organization. In addition to showing what entity manages the property, this column can also be used to identify properties that may be for sale. These will be the properties where the
Managing Organizationis “None” or blank. To find out for sure or for any other questions related to City land sales, please e-mail email@example.com. Commonly used
Managing Organizationvalues include the following:
- DPD - Large Lots: Large Lots program sales waiting to close
- 2FM: - Facilities in use by the Department of Assets, Information & Services (formerly, in part, the Department of Fleet and Facility Management)
- DPD- Open Space: Projects or sales managed by the Department of Planning & Development’s Open Space division
- DPD - Real Estate: Pending sales managed by the Department of Planning & Development’s Land Sales division
- Obsolete PIN: Property historically owned by the city for which the property index number has subsequently changed
- Department of Housing: Planned or pending sales managed by the Department of Housing
- DPD - Business Development: Planned or pending sales managed by the Department of Planning & Development’s Bureau of Economic Development
- Revenue Lot: Paid parking lot
- CDOT: Land in use for Chicago Department of Transportation operations. May also signify Right of Way.
- DPD-Planning: Projects or sales managed by the Department of Planning & Development’s Bureau of Planning
- Chicago Park District: Park District facilities
- DOH & Open Space: Future project combining open space with housing
- Public Building Commission: Land owned by the Public Building Commission, a sister agency
- Chicago Housing Authority: Land owned by the Chicago Housing Authority, a sister agency
- No sooner than 8/21/2020, we will be removing the
Legal Descriptioncolumn. It is not maintained internally and is not considered reliable. Notwithstanding that warning, we wanted to give advance notice for anyone who might wish to download a copy of the current values. We will also create a “Dataset Snapshot” under “View Data” / “More Views” as a historical record, although cannot guarantee how long it will be retained so similarly recommend downloading a copy if you will want the data long-term.
Edit, 8/12/2020: Extended the date for removal of the
Legal Description column. Due to an editing oversight for this post, we originally gave less advance notice than we intended to give.